Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information
The Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information applies to Twin Parish Port District (“we” or “our”). This privacy statement governs personal information we collect from our customers and online from our website users (“you”), through websites, contacts or our relationship with you.
“Personal information” means information that identifies you, such as your name, telephone number and email address.
We may ask you to provide personal information when you
• Use our website;
• Request quotes, services, support or information;
• Place orders for products or services;
• Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities;
• Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails or other materials;
• Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV or create a candidate profile; or
• Contact us.
Information we may request includes your email address, name, home address and telephone number. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information. We may also ask for your Social Security number and other data to process your credit or financing request. Job applicants may be requested to provide information such as educational background, employment experience and job interest. We may also collect demographic information, such as your business or company information, age, gender, interests, preferences and favorites. Forms that you may fill in will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
We may collect information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and ads you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with the our websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the services and support, or carry out, the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as product safety information, your transactions status (for example, order confirmations), information about products and services available from us;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, our business, or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Personal information collected may be stored and processed in the United States, and by using our products and services (including our website), you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; or if we reasonably believes it is necessary to protect us, our customers or the public.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information
We will occasionally update this privacy statement. If we make changes to the Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information or make any material changes to how we will use your personal information, we will revise the Privacy Statement to reflect such changes and revise the statement’s effective date, included at the end of this section. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how we are protecting your personal information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
Twin Parish Port Commission
P. O. Box 101
Delcambre, LA 70528 USA
You may also email us at info@PortOfDelcambre.com.
Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information Effective Date: March 1, 2014.